LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team reserved a spot at the 2019 NCAA Division II National Championships with a second-place team finish at the NCAA South Regional on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 2nd, 62 points
Overall Champion: Lee (Tenn.), 41 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Zoe Jarvis | 4th overall, 21:55.1
- Monika Brill | 7th overall, 22:22.1
- Sydney Rhodes | 12th overall, 22:38.0
- Julia Lockridge | 20th overall, 22:59.6
- Aspen Gordon | 23rd overall, 23:10.6
- Jarvis was the top Spartan for the fourth time in 2019.
- Also running for Tampa were Madison Mimnaugh (33rd) and Cassie Highsmith (51st).
- The top three teams advance to nationals, with Saint Leo joining Lee and Tampa as the Lions were third overall.
- This marks the best finish at the regional for Tampa since it last won in 2015.
- Head coach Jarrett Slaven will take his Spartans to nationals for the 14th time in program history, which have all been during his tenure.
Tampa travels to Sacramento, Calif., for the 2019 NCAA Championships, which is scheduled for Saturday, November 23.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.