SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team traveled across the country to compete at the Pre-Nationals, which serves as a precursor for the 2019 NCAA Division II Cross Country Championships at the same location.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 13th, 426 points
Overall Champion: Colorado Mines, 89 points
Location: Arcade Creek Course | Sacramento, Calif.
Host Institution: Sacramento Sports Commission
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Zoe Jarvis | 28th overall, 21:21.2
- Sydney Rhodes | 47th overall, 21:36.7
- Aspen Gordon | 59th overall, 21:41.7
- Monika Brill | 108th overall, 22:11.4
- Julia Lockridge | 218th overall, 23:18.4
- Jarvis was the top Spartan for the second time in 2019.
- A total of nine Spartan runners competed.
- Fellow Sunshine State Conference opponents Lynn and Palm Beach Atlantic were also at the race, finishing 37th and 38th respectively.
- Tampa entered a total of 11 runners in the women's race.
Tampa's heads to the University of South Florida for its next race, on Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.