GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team competed among the state's top teams at the University of Florida Mountain Dew Invitational, finishing first among non-Division I schools.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 1st, 107 points
Overall Champion: Florida, 30 points
Overall Champion (Non-D1): Tampa, 30 points
Location: Freedom Park | Gainesville, Fla
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Zoe Jarvis | 5th overall, 18:15.3
- Aspen Gordon | 7th overall, 18:18.8
- Sydney Rhodes | 27th overall, 19:01.0
- Monika Brill | 28th overall, 19:03.0
- Julia Lockridge | 47th overall, 19:34.0
- Jarvis was the top Spartan for the first time in 2019. This is the first race of the season for the junior.
- Reigning Sunshine State Conference Runner of the Week Gordon was top-10 and the second Spartan to cross the finish line.
- A total of 35 teams competed.
- Joining UT from the Sunshine State Conference was Embry-Riddle (3), Saint Leo (5), Florida Southern (6), Nova Southeastern (8), Palm Beach Atlantic (9), Lynn (11), Florida Tech (17) and Rollins (23).
- Tampa entered a total of 11 runners in the women's race.
Tampa's B team heads Lakeland on Friday, September 27 for the Florida Runners Invite while the top eight will travel to Sacramento, Calif., for the Pre-Nationals on Saturday, Sept. 28.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.