SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team traveled across the country to compete at the Pre-Nationals, which serves as a precursor for the 2019 NCAA Division II Cross Country Championships at the same location.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 29th, 825 points
Overall Champion: Cal Poly, 51 points
Location: Arcade Creek Course | Sacramento, Calif.
Host Institution: Sacramento Sports Commission
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Trevor Kattenberg | 127th overall, 25:37.4
- Tyler Roberts | 166th overall, 25:55.9
- Devon Sullivan | 190th overall, 26:15.1
- Paul Wales | 218th overall, 26:32.2
- Michael Wilson | 228th overall, 26:39.1
- Kattenberg was the top Spartan for the third time in 2019.
- A total of 35 teams competed.
- Tampa entered a total of seven runners in the men's race.
- Fellow Sunshine State Conference opponents Lynn and Palm Beach Atlantic also competed, finishing 31st and 34th respectively.
Tampa's heads to the University of South Florida for its next race, on Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.