GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team competed among the state's top teams at the University of Florida Mountain Dew Invitational, finishing fifth among non-Division I schools.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 5th, 195 points
Overall Champion: Florida, 40 points
Overall Champion (Non-D1): Embry-Riddle, 142 points
Location: Freedom Park | Gainesville, Fla
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Trevor Kattenberg | 19th overall, 26:21.6
- Devon Sullivan | 59th overall, 27:31.9
- Tyler Roberts | 69th overall, 27:41.8
- Greg Smith | 81st overall, 27:54.7
- Michael Wilson | 109th overall, 28:19.7
- Kattenberg was the top Spartan for the second time in 2019.
- A total of 31 teams competed.
- Joining UT and non-D1 champion Embry-Riddle from the Sunshine State Conference was Saint Leo (2), Florida Southern (4), Lynn (9), Palm Beach Atlantic (10), Florida Tech (13), Nova Southeastern (15)
- Tampa entered a total of 11 runners in the men's race.
Tampa's B team heads Lakeland on Friday, September 27 for the Florida Runners Invite while the top eight will travel to Sacramento, Calif., for the Pre-Nationals on Saturday, Sept. 28.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.