INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams each moved up a spot on the final day of the 2019 NCAA Division II Swimming Championships at the IU Natatorium on the campus of IUPUI.
The Spartan women concluded the championships at No. 5 with 207.5 total points, while the men finished at No. 15 with 99 total points.
Top UT Men's Performers
- In the 200 Back, Brett Saunders placed 15th overall.
- The final race was an All-American seventh-place finish from the 400 Free Relay team with a time of 2:59.15 from Cameron Newton, Yannick Smith, Aaron James and Forrest Lundy.
Top UT Women's Performers
- Elizaveta Bazarova won the B final in the 100 Free.
- Hana van Loock finished fourth in the 100 Free with a time of 50.10.
- The 400 Free Relay team established a new school record along with an All-American finish as the runner-up with a time of 3:21.33. The team included van Loock, Bazarova, Molly O'Hara and Megan Waddell.
- Newton, Smith, James and Lundy in the 400 Free Relay.
- van Loock in the 100 Free.
- van Loock, Bazarova, O'Hara and Waddell in the 400 Free Relay.
- Queens (N.C.) won the men's title with 606 points.
- Queens (N.C.) was also the top women's team with 707. points.
2018-19 Tampa Men's All-Americans
2018-19 Tampa Women's All-Americans
- Elizaveta Bazarova
- Maureen Moore
- Molly O'Hara
- Hana van Loock
- Courtney Sherwood
- McKenzie Street
- Megan Waddell