INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams were both well-represented on day one of the NCAA Division II Swimming Championships at the IU Natatorium on the campus of IUPUI.
The Spartan women concluded the day at No. 7 with 135 total points, while the men sit at No. 16 with 33 total points.
Top UT Men's Performers
- The Spartans were 15th in the 200 Free Relay as Aaron James, Cameron Newton, Yannick Smith and Marvin Slanschek were clocked at 1:21.74.
- The 400 IM had a 10th-place finish from UT's Brett Saunders.
- Newton was 15th in the 200 Free, earning honorable mention All-American honors.
Top UT Women's Performers
- UT's 200 Free Relay notched a second-place finish with a school-record time of 1:31.93 from Elizaveta Bazarova, Megan Waddell, Hana van Loock and Molly O'Hara.
- Courtney Sherwood finished 11th in the 400 IM.
- van Loock was fifth in the 200 Freestyle with a time of 1:50.10. Maureen Moore was the next to finish the race with a time of 1:50.79.
- Tampa was fourth overall with a school-record time of 3:44.28 in the 400 Medley Relay. The Spartan quartet included Sherwood, McKenzie Street, O'Hara and van Loock.
- Bazarova, Waddell, van Loock and O'Hara in the 200 Free Relay.
- Sherwood, Street, O'Hara and van Loock in the 400 Medley Relay
- Queens (N.C.) is first among men's teams with 331 points.
- Queens (N.C.) is the top women's team with 321 points.