TAMPA, Fla.. - Keven Pimentel pitched six innings of two-run baseball as the Spartans defeated Lynn 3-2 to open their weekend series.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 1 Tampa Spartans 3, Lynn Fighting Knights 2
Records: Tampa (24-6, 10-3 SSC), Lynn (15-16) (5-11 SSC)
Location: UT Baseball Field | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa is now 75-24 all-time versus Lynn and has won 12 straight over the Fighting Knights. The last loss came on April 10, 2015 by a 5-3 score in Tampa. Additionally, Tampa has won 18 of the last 19 over Lynn.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Yorvis Torrealba led off the game with a single for the Spartans. He would later score on a Danny Sirven sacrifice fly. B1 | 1-0 Tampa
- Lynn struck back in the second, scoring two runs on a Home Run. T2 | 2-1 Lynn
- Nick Derr hit a solo Home Run to tie the game up in the fourth. Sam Freitas would later score from first on a Drew Ehrhard single. B4 | 3-2 Tampa
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Derr led the Spartan offense with a solo Home Run, going one for four on the day.
- Torrealba reached base four times for the Spartans (one hit, two HBP's, one walk) and scored one run for the Spartans
- Keven Pimentel recorded his seventh win of the season, pitching six innings while allowing two runs on three hits.
OUTSIDE THE BOX:
- Tampa is on top of the SSC with a record of 10-3.
- Tyler Beck recorded his team-leading sixth save of the season for the Spartans.
The Spartans complete their series versus Lynn with a double-header tomorrow. Game One is set for a 1:00 PM start time.
UT also offers a free text messaging service that sends text alerts following all Spartan events. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row