LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team concluded its 2017 season with a fourth-place performance at the NCAA Division II South Regional.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: Fourth, 134 points
Overall Champion: Saint Leo University, 78 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Monika Brill | 20th overall, 23:01.67
• Zoe Jarvis | 21st overall, 23:09.14
• Sydney Rhodes | 30th overall, 23:27.99
• Clare McMahon | 31st overall, 23:28.24
• Julia Lockridge | 32nd overall, 23:32.43
• Brill was the top Spartan runner for the first time this season.
• After being the top UT runner in every race of 2017, Jarvis was the second Tampa runner to cross the finish line.
• A total of 16 teams competed in the race.
• Joining Saint Leo as the teams to advance to the NCAA Championships were second-place Lee and third-place Embry-Riddle.
With the 2017 season complete, UT will set its sights for the 2018 season. Please visit TampaSpartans.com for complete information on UT cross country.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.