TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa track teams ran at the University of South Florida Invite on Saturday.
- Luke Molinaro was 17th in the 100 Meter Dash as he was clocked at 11.62.
- In the 200 Meter Dash, Molinaro was also 17th with a time of 23.02. Jakob Wikar also ran to a 19th place finish with a time of 23.24.
- Wikar ran to a 13th place effort in the 400 Meter Dash with a time of 52.17.
- The 4x400 Meter Relay Team placed fifth as Lars Benner, Eddie Keenan, Molinaro and Wikar were timed at 3:32.52.
- The 800 Meter Run included Keenan, who finished 13th at 2:04.94.
- Benner was the runner-up in the 1,500 Meter Run as he finished at 3:55.31. Also running for UT were Joseph Weber (sixth, 4:10.28), Brent Turner (eighth, 4:12.82), Tyler Roberts (ninth, 4:13.84), Mitch Arnold (10th, 4:15.52), Cory Munsch (13th, 4:20.52) and Sam Schaeffer (15th, 4:25.40).
- In the 200 Meter Dash, Faith Taylor was timed at 26.26.
- Taylor Morrison led the Spartans in the 400 Meter Dash, finishing 16th at 1:01.77. Taylor followed at 17th (1:02.22) while Stephanie Silver was 19th (1:04.46) and Jess Apajee was 21st (1:08.15).
- The 100 Meter Hurdles included UT's Bailey Truesdale, who was 11th overall after finishing in 17.57. Teammate Maria Czerwinski was 12th at 18.10.
- Tampa's Kristin Steede was fourth in the 400 Meter Hurdles (1:05.15) as Lauren Wong was eighth (1:16.76).
- The 4x400 Meter Relay Team finished second to Bethune-Cookman with a time of 4:10.78 from Taylor, Morrison, Steede and Kayla Sullivan.
- Sullivan was 13th in the 800 Meter Run with a time of 2:26.99 as Caitlin Whetstone was 21st at 2:30.75.
- Claudia Cancello continued her excellent spring with a third-place finish in the 1,500 Meter Run after a time of 4:45.24. Freshman Lexi Bible joined her teammate in the top-10 with a ninth-place time of 4:49.72. Also running for UT were Sullivan (11th, 4:52.26), Thea Ramsey (12th, 4:57.85), Clare McMahon (13th, 4:58.05), Mollie Pierson (22nd, 5:09.11), Whetstone (25th, 5:12.91), Aislinn Sroczynski (26th, 5:14.35), Sarah Lavallee (30th, 5:24.39) and Ryleigh Donegan (38th, 5:34.41).
- In the 5,000 Meter Run, Tampa's Eliana Ochoa was 11th overall after finishing with a time of 19:59.08. Also representing UT was Vera Rae Swardstrom, who finished 13th at 20:48.27.
UT returns to action on February 28 when it travels to Gainesville, Fla., for the Tom Jones Meet.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.