DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa track teams ran at the Embry-Riddle Last Chance Meet on Saturday.
- Lars Benner was 10th in the 3,000 after finishing with a time of 9:08.45.
- Senior Jessie Boria's time of 2:37.73 in the 1,000 was good for an eighth-place finish.
- Joey Maus was fifth in the 1 Mile with a time of 4:33.68.
- The Distance Medley was second with a time of 10:38.29.
- Claudia Cancello finished second in the 3,000 with a time of 10:20.48. Thea Ramsey turned in a top-10 performance, finishing eighth at 10:57.72.
- Freshman Sarah Lavallee placed eighth with a time of 3:15.51 in the 1,000.
- Caitlin Whetstone was second in the 600, being clocked at 1:49.07.
- Lexi Bible championed the 1 Mile, besting the competition with an effort of 5:25.40. Mollie Pierson was fourth (5:30.56), Kayla Sullivan was fifth (5:32.37) and Sara Curran was eighth (5:39.06) for the Spartans.
- Kristin Steede had a record time in the 400, coming in at 59.59.
- UT's 4x400 Meter Relay was third with a time of 4:12.19.
- The Distance Medley was second at 12"46.61.
The Spartans return to action on March 3 as they host the UT Invite. The meet will begin at 6 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.