FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The No. 16 University of Tampa women's swimming team was defeated in a Sunshine State Conference meeting at No. 3 Nova Southeastern University.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Nova Southeastern Sharks 175, Tampa Spartans 87
Location: NSU Swimming Complex | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nova Southeastern took first in 12 of the 14 women's events.
- Among the first-place efforts by NSU was a pair of top finishes in the relay races.
- There were a total of 14 women's events.
- Victoria Horsman won the 200 Fly as her time of 2:07.89 was the fastest in the meet.
- Freshman Hana van Loock was first in the 100 Free as she was clocked at 52.26. Teammate Megan Waddell followed with a second-place finish at 52.98.
Tampa closes of the fall season as it hosts the Spartan Invite from December 15-18 at the Clearwater Aquatic Center.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.