LAKELAND, Fla. – The No. 14 University of Tampa women's swimming team picked up its third win of the season with a victory over Sunshine State Conference rival and No. 22 Florida Southern College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa Spartans 166, Florida Southern 96
Location: Nina B. Hollis Wellness Pool | Lakeland, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tampa's women took first in seven individual races.
- The Spartans won each of the two relay events.
- There were a total of 14 women's events.
- Tampa won the 200 Medley Relay to start the event. A time of 1:47.55 was achieved by Hana van Loock, McKenzie Street, Molly O'Hara and Megan Waddell.
- The Spartans finished the women's portion of the meet with a first-place time of 1:37.00 in the 200 Free Relay from van Loock, Gabbie Gaunt, Courtney Markle and Waddell.
- Ali Lombardi won the 1,000 Free in 10:46.15.
- Senior Sophie Long was fastest in the 200 Free at 1:54.13.
- The 100 Back was won by van Loock with an effort of 58.37. She also took the 100 Free in 46.98.
- Victoria Horsman was clocked at 2:10.10 to win the 200 Fly.
- With a time of 24.42, Waddell won the 50 Free.
- Jessie Tobin registered a first-place finish in the 500 Free with a time of 5:09.17.
Tampa travels to Melbourne for the Panther Invitational at Florida Tech on November 17-19.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.