TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team opened its 2017-18 season with an easy victory over visiting Rollins College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tampa took first-place in each of the 14 women's races.
- Among UT's victories were a pair of wins in the two relay events.
- Tampa took the top spot in the 200 Medley Relay, with a time of 1:48.06 from Hana van Loock, McKenzie Street, Sophie Long and Megan Waddell.
- The 1,000 Free went to freshman Jessie Tobin with a time of 10:35.29.
- Gabbie Gaunt won the 200 Free in 1:54.14. She also took first in the 500 Free with a time of 5:07.90.
- Also picking up a win in the 100 Back was van Loock with a showing of 58.81.
- Street also championed the 100 Breast with a time of 1:07.92.
- In the 200 Fly, Victoria Horsman won with a time of 2:09.58. She also won the 100 Fly in 59.44.
- Waddell finished first in the 50 Free (24.29).
- A first-place finish in the 100 Free came from Long at 53.24. She also took first with a time of 2:11.44 in the 200 IM.
- Freshman Francesca Rusca was the top finisher in the 200 Back at 2:09.35.
- The 200 Free was won by Ali Lombardi, who was timed at 2:25.76.
- The Spartans concluded the meet with a first in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:37.03. The winning team included van Loock, Waddell, Courtney Markle and Molly O'Hara.
Tampa is back in action on Friday at home against Savannah College of Art & Design. The meet is scheduled to start at 4 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.