LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's lacrosse concludes season at Sunshine State Conference Tournament.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 19, Tampa 12
Records: Tampa (6-11, SSC 1-3), Florida Southern (18-2, SSC 4-0)
Location: Lakeland, Fla.
All-time Series: The Mocs lead the series 6-0.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Florida Southern had back-to-back goals to take the lead.
- Shannon Sweeney answered back at 25:43.
- The Mocs had six goals in a row to lead Tampa 8-1.
- Caroline Forester with an assist from Maggie Gladden had the second Spartan goal of the game.
- Southern answered back at 6:20.
- Gladden with an assist from Amanda Rom brings the score to 9-3.
- The Mocs respond with just over three minutes remaining in the half.
- The final goal before half-time came from Alexia Scudillo, Florida Southern leading 10-4.
- Tampa had the first two goals of the half. One from Natalie Carraway with an assist from Rachel Crawford, the second by Claire Swanson, unassisted.
- Florida Southern had four goals in a row to make their lead 14-6.
- The seventh Spartan goal came from Crawford, 15 seconds later Gladden teamed up with Paige Johnson.
- Two more Moc goals increase their lead to 16-8.
- Crawford converts a free position attempt for Tampa.
- Mocs respoded with another goal.
- Forester with an assist from Rom makes it 17-10.
- Another Moc goal at 5:50.
- 15 seconds later Crawford converted another free position attempt.
- Allie Popelar with an assist from Forester brings the score to 18-12.
- Florida Southern had the final goal of the game at 1:04 to move to the Sunshine State Conference Tournament championship game.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Crawford led the Spartan in points with three goals and one assist with three draw controls and one caused turnover.
- Gladden and Forester had two goals each.
- Carraway, Scudillo, and Swanson tallied a goal each.
- Popelar and Johnson had three draw controls a piece.
- Mackenzie Hackett had eight saves in net.