TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's lacrosse team fell to No. 9 Florida Tech in Sunshine State Conference play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 19, Tampa 13
Records: Tampa (5-10, SSC 0-3), Florida Tech (11-2, SSC 2-1)
Location: Melbourne, Fla.
All-time Series: Florida Tech leads the series 3-0.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Panthers took the lead with eight unanswered goals.
- At 4:37 Tampa got their first goal of the game, with a converted free position attempt by Amanda Voges. Tampa trailing 8-1.
- Florida Tech answered back with two goals to maintain a lead of 9-1.
- Freshman, Maggie Gladden has the second Spartan goal of the night with an assist from Amanda Rom.
- Panthers tack on another goal before half time to make the score 11-2.
- Florida Tech opens the half with a goal to start a running clock.
- Rachel Crawford with an assist from Rom make it 12-3.
- Voges had her second goal of the game at 22:58.
- Junior, Rom had her first goal of the game to bring the score to 12-4.
- The Panthers responded with two goals to make it 14-5.
- At 19:00 Claire Swanson had her first goal of the game.
- Florida Tech brings the game to 16-6 over Tampa with back-to-back goals.
- Rom converts a free position attempt to a goal.
- At 9:06, Caroline Forester teams up with Voges to bring the score to 16-8.
- Panthers responded with a goal 30 seconds later.
- Voges has her third goal of the game with an assist from Cali Edgar.
- Forester has an unassisted goal with 4:25 left in the game.
- Another Spartan goal with a converted free position attempt from Rom brings the score to 17-11.
- Abby Coccagna snagged the draw control, which led to a Tampa goal from Forester, assisted by Rom.
- Another goal by Forester and assisted by Crawford brings the game within four goals. Tech leading 17-13.
- Florida Tech tacks on two goals to take the win 19-13.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Forester led the team in goals with four.
- Voges led in ground balls with five, also tallied three goals and one assist.
- Rom led the team in points, three assists and three goals.
- Swanson, Gladden and Crawford each had one goal.
- Mackenzie Hackett has eleven saves in the net.
Tampa returns to action on Saturday, April 22nd to continue SSC play against Saint Leo University. The matchup will start at 7:30 p.m. in Tampa, Fla. Live stats will be available through TampaSpartans.com.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.