PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's golf team finished sixth overall at the Nova Southeastern GolfRank Invitational, carding a program-best score in the first round.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 6th, 911 strokes, +47 (301-307-303)
Team Champion: Barry, 894 strokes
Host: Nova Southeastern University
Location: PGA National Fazio Course | Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
Total Rounds: 3
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Jess Wild | 7th overall, 222
• Kiira Riihijarvi | 11h overall, 224
• Heather Kipniss | 29th overall, 231
• Sofia Cadavid | 47th overall, 238
• Sydney Stengel | 61st overall, 247
• The lone senior on the team, Wild was the top Spartan golfer.
• The first-round 301 marked the top round in program history.
• A first-round score of 71 for Kipniss marked the best round for a Tampa player.
• Wild and Riihijarvi both shot under 80 in all three rounds.
• Head coach Missey Jones did not register any individuals.
• West Florida's Paloma Vaccaro was the medalist with a 209 (-7), winning by nine strokes.
• A total of 13 teams competed.
• In addition to UT, also representing the Sunshine State Conference were Barry (1), Lynn (2), Nova Southeastern (3), Saint Leo (3), Rollins (5), Florida Southern (8), Florida Tech (9), Embry-Riddle (11) and Palm Beach Atlantic (13).
Tampa returns to the links on October 16-17 at the Saint Leo Invitational. The tournament will be played at Lake Jovita Golf Course.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.