LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team concluded its 2017 season with a sixth-place performance at the NCAA Division II South Regional.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: Sixth, 187 points
Overall Champion: Lee University (Tenn.), 82 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Michael Wilson | 32nd overall, 34:33.71
• Brent Turner | 33rd overall, 24:25.83
• Joe Weber | 37th overall, 34:41.47
• Brendan Twiggs | 39th overall, 34:43.67
• Wilson paced the Spartans for the first time since the season opener. He had previously finished second on the team in his last three outings.
• After leading UT in the previous two races, Turner was second on the squad at the regional. He was in the Spartan top-three in all five of his races in 2017.
• A total of 16 teams competed in the race.
• Joining Lee as the teams to advance to the NCAA Championships were second-place Alabama-Huntsville and third-place Saint Leo.
With the 2017 season complete, UT will set its sights for the 2018 season. Please visit TampaSpartans.com for complete information on UT cross country.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.