GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team ran at the Mountain Dew Invitational, finishing 11th overall and third among NCAA Division II participants.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 11th (3rd), 289 points
Overall Champion: University of North Florida, 52 points
Top Division II Team: Embry-Riddle, 143 points
Location: UF Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Nick Morfesi | 48th overall, 26:52.3
• Brent Turner | 50th overall, 26:57.5
• Michael Wilson | 60th overall, 27:23.6
• Tyler Roberts | 78th overall, 27:49.3
• Stone Malick | 83rd overall, 27:56.7
• Morfesi was the top UT finisher for the first time this season.
• After being the quickest Spartan in the season opener, Wilson was third among all UT runners.
• A total of 24 teams competed in the race.
• In addition to the top D2 team, Embry-Riddle, and Tampa, other Sunshine State Conference schools included Saint Leo (10), Florida Tech (13) and Palm Beach Atlantic (18).
• Tampa entered a total of 13 runners.
Tampa heads to Charlotte, N.C., to run in the Queens Invitational on October 6.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.