Tampa Set To Host SSC Rowing ChampionshipsApril 21, 2011
TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa rowing program is set to host the 2011 Sunshine State Conference Rowing Championships on Saturday at the Canal 54 Race Course in Fellsmere, Fla.
Racing will begin with time trials at 7:30 a.m. to determine lane position for the finals. The women’s varsity 4 petite final is slated for 10 a.m. with the women’s varsity 4 grand final to follow at 10:10 a.m., the women’s varsity eight petite final will start at 10:20 a.m. and the women’s varsity eight grand final to decide a champion will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Teams from Barry, Florida Tech, Nova Southeastern, Rollins and Tampa will vie for the championship. Barry claimed the 2010 SSC title with Florida Tech and Nova Southeastern following.
The awards ceremony will also take place following the championships, coming approximately 30 minutes after the final race has been concluded.
Results will be posted on sunshinestateconference.com and tampaspartans.com immediately following competition.
Spectators are encouraged to attend the championships, with directions to the course as follows.
VENUE DIRECTIONS: The Canal 54 Race Course is located on Babcock Street on the Brevard County/Indian River County Line.
From the South:
- I-95 North and take the Fellsmere/Sebastian exit (Road 512)
- West on Road 512 (Left off the exit)
- North (right) on North Broadway Blvd
- West (left) on South Carolina Ave.
- North (right) on Babcock St./138th Ave.
- The race course is approximately 3.5 mile on the left
From the North:
- I-95 South and take the Malabar Road exit
- East (left) on Malabar Road
- South (right) on Babcock St.
- The race course is approximately 12.5 miles on the right
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, April 23
7:30 a.m. Time trials
10:00 a.m. Women’s Varsity 4 petite final
10:10 a.m. Women’s Varsity 4 grand final
10:20 a.m. Women’s Varsity 8 petite final
10:30 a.m. Women’s Varsity 8 grand final